We pray for better news in five days time…
Dear Friends of Tent of Nations all over the world,
Two hours ago, I received a phone call from our Lawyers Mr. Sani Khoury and Mr. Jonathan Kuttab. they received a Fax from the Israeli Military Authority says that our Appeal against the demolishing orders of our renovations has been refused . They wanted to come today to demolish the renovations, but they gave us “because of their generosity” another five days time, before coming to demolish those renovations. What can we do with five days time?!
At this moment, we have two options: the first one is to accept the situation as it is and just wait for the Israeli Military to come and destroy the place OR to continue the legal battle by bringing this case in front of the Supreme Court in Israel which might rule to freeze the demolishing orders until it takes a decision. Usually court cases like this will take a year or two, if the Supreme Court decides to freeze the demolishing orders.
Bringing this case to the Supreme Court will cost us a lot of money and this will increase our financial burden.We are defending our land from being confiscated for more than twenty years, we paid a lot for legal expenses, BUT without getting tired.
We are people who believe in Justice, we will continue our just struggle and will bring this case in front of the Israeli Supreme Court challenging the injustice we are facing. In the meanwhile we ask you to keep us in your prayers, to keep writing advocacy letters and to inform as many people as you can about our story.
I am sure that our efforts together will make a difference. Thank you so much for this support and solidarity.
“But those who wait on the LORD, shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31).
Please find below the letter I received today from our Lawyer Mr. Sani Khoury.
Blessings and Salaam,
Dear Mr. Nassar,
I would like to inform you that we received today a formal response from the Military Authorities denies our appeal against the demolition orders against the renovations that took place on your land. According to the Military Authorities they have decided to reject your appeal in light of the fact that your previous appeals against the demolition orders were rejected. As you are aware all of your previous requests to obtain a license were rejected using the excuse that “there is no current zoning plan in your area”. Zoning plans are submitted by the authorities themselves. In your case the authorities did not conclude any zoning plans for your area – indeed they stopped all zoning plans when it became clear that the Supreme Court would not confirm the confiscation of your land. When your land was being confiscated and given to the Newe Daniel settlement plans to build hundreds of building units were being set in place by the authorities themselves.
When the confiscation was suspended and it became clear the land would not be given to the settlement, the zoning plans suddenly changed. In light of this fact you cannot under any circumstances obtain any license for any structure, building or renovation.
You have been given a “grace period” of five days before the demolition takes place. The only action that can stop this is an injunction by the Supreme Court of Israel, which may or may not grant such an injunction under the circumstances.